Lung cancer is the second most common cancer in the world (after skin cancer) and it causes most of the death of cancer. It affects mostly people aged between the ages of fifty and seventy.
The disease can be prevented to a large extent _ as the main factor is smoking, in the past; lung cancer was always more common among men but the gap has narrowed in recent years, because of the increased numbers of smokers women. Also, people who spend a lot of time in an atmosphere redolent with smoke – such as people working in bars for example – are also susceptible to the risk of lung cancer due to passive smoking.
Signs and symptoms:
• Chronic cough (continuous), has sometimes sputum (phlegm) overprinted with blood.
• Shortness of breath.
• An unexplained loss of weight.
• Pain in the chest.
• Symptoms of bronchitis or pneumonia.
And some forms of lung cancer is without symptoms until fully matures.
Lung cancer can be formed very slowly, symptoms may take many years to appear, in addition to that, there are types of lung cancer that do not cause any symptoms until the final stages. As a result, it cannot be diagnosed as lung cancer until it get worse and treatment options become limited.
There are three options for treatment and determine the nature of each cancer and the extent exacerbated:
• Surgery: You can remove the tumor by surgery only if the cancer has not spread to other organs, if there was no spread, the surgeons and the removal of one entire lung or a large part of it.
• Chemotherapy: following surgery is usually chemotherapy, to eradicate the tumor; this type of treatment is also used to target tumors, too.
• Radiation Therapy: This treatment slows down tumor growth but does not destroy it completely, which is often used to treat tumors of micro – known as Metastases that have spread from the lungs to the brain, bone and liver.
Rewrite: Lung cancer
Lung cancer is very common kind of cancer, as it becomes in the second place after the skin cancer, and people over fifty and seventy are usually being infected with lung cancer which causes most cancer deaths.
Since smoking is the main cause of lung cancer, people must stop smoking as a preventive procedure, as well as people who works in places that are filled with smoke like bars, are expected to be infected with lung cancer.
Some symptoms appear only in the final stages, because the lung cancer is very slow to grow, which means that doctors sometimes cannot diagnose it until the end, when the treatments options become limited. The main symptoms are:
Continuous dry cough, with blood and phlegm sometimes.
Shortness of breath.
Unjustified weight loss.
Pain in the chest.
Symptoms of bronchitis or pneumonia.
Surgery: if the tumor is not spread to other parts of the body, it can be removed easily, and they can remove the infected part of the lung or the whole lung.
Chemotherapy: it is used to get rid of tumors.
Radiotherapy: it is used to slow the growth of cancerous cells, and usually it is used to treat the micro tumors called Metastases that have spread from the lungs to the brain, bone and liver.