Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers among women, which often occurs after the age of fifty, but this does not mean that it may not appear at an early age. Also it is possible to affect men, but by very few compared to women.
There are factors that help to increase the possibility of infection including the existence of the disease in a relative (so to those whose mothers or sisters suffered from this disease nust get used to conduct self-examination). There is a possibility to increase the incidence of disease in women who had their first pregnancy after the age of thirty. Also smoking and excessive alcohol intake is one of the factors that are believed to be linked to the disease.
Not every change in the breast is a tumor, but not all tumors are malignant, but woman must not neglect any swelling or change in the shape of the breasts, as it is important to check with your doctor if you notice:
• The appearance of mass in the breast
• An increase in the thickness of the breast or armpit.
• Discharge from the nipple.
• Contraction of the nipple.
• Local pain in the breast.
• A change in size or shape of breast.
Note that some of these changes occur naturally when you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or before and after period for some women.
Early diagnosis of breast cancer is done by following steps:
• Monthly self-examination of the breast for women over the age of forty women.
• Mammography every two years for women over the age of fifty.
There are four ways to treat this disease, either surgery, chemotherapy, hormonal or radial. The doctor may use one or more of these methods, depending on the nature of the tumor where the treatment plan depends on the type of tumor size, stage, the age and condition of ailing health.